Give Me Your Number!!

OK check this foolishness out! I was 16 at the time and I had a summer job in financial assistance department in one of the government offices in the city of Hamilton in Bermuda. I was on my lunch break and I just purchased my lunch from one of the coffee shops in the city.   I passed this guy on the sidewalk  and he calls out, "Hey let me have your number!"   I did not know this dude, never seen him before and I was offended by the way he came at me.  I didn't really want to talk to him so I just shook my head and kept walking.  After I walked off, he yells out, "What? You think you're too good to give me your number?!"  I said nothing and just kept moving, thinking that he was clearly crazy and had a strange sense of entitlement.  I thought it was best to not engage in any sort of altercation with him.   But my co-workers had a good laugh when I told them what happened. I mean really, what was I supposed to do? No, I don't think I am better than anybody but I didn't know him. So why in the world would I give him my number? I felt that I did the right thing.