Off To A Great Start

OK so I got accepted into the Doctoral Program of a university. I'm doing it all online, but the school is an actual "brick and mortar" institution.So before I could decide, I was going back and forth between the PhD and the Ed.D program. The PhD in education is about the philosophy of education and how people learn and cognition and all that and there is a heavier emphasis on research. The Ed.D which is the Doctorate of Education involves putting it all into practice, it's for people who want a more hands-on leadership role.  Which one was right for me? So after doing some research and deliberation I decided to do the Ed.D which is officially called Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership with a Specialization in Curriculum and Instruction. What a mouthful! Up until this point, earning my Master's Degree has been my life's biggest accomplishment, so earning my Doctorate will be astronomical!! I'm scared and excited at the same time. I know it is going to be tons of work but this is what I decided that I want for myself and I'm willing to do what it takes. It's definitely going to require some time management because I'm still teaching preschool and doing beauty consultations.  That's why earning this degree online was the best choice. So anyway, yesterday I began my doctoral workshops to prepare for my courses. The first workshop which started yesterday is called Doctoral Success Orientation which involved completing my profile on the school's website and exploring the school of advanced studies helps to supports student academic development. So basically I learned what my resources are, and who I can link up with for assistance and guidance. Important stuff, so it was good.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations and Good Luck!