New Semester of Grad School!

It is Fall 2010, and I am one semester closer to recieving my master's degree in Family & Consumer Sciences with a concentration in Nutrition. If everything remains on track I will be graduating from Alabama A&M University in May 2011. This semester I am taking a statistics course called Introduction to Educational Statistics. When I took stats in undergrad, I had to take it three times before I could pass it. When I did pass it, I got an A. So that worked out in the end. At this point in grad school, I don't have time to be taking classes over. So I'm going to make sure I get this work right. So far I'm understanding the material that I am getting from my professor. So I feel good about it. The class is once a week from 7:00pm to 9:50pm. I don't really have a problem with it being a night class, it's only once a week. I just make sure I park close to the building in a well-lit area. When I attended Calhoun Community College, many of my classes were in the late afternoon/evening. However, I don't like to be getting out of class later than 8:00 or 8:30pm because, really, who wants to be walking alone around a large campus at 9 or 10pm? It wouldn't be any later than that because the campus is supposed to closed by 10, as far a class sessions are concerned.

I am also taking a course called Trends & Issues.  That's pretty self-explanatory. We discuss currents trends and issues in society. The third class I'm taking is called Research Methods in Agribusiness. I'm the only nutrition student in the class.  Even-though many students from my department take the course, and the Department of Family &Consumer Sciences is a part of the School of Agriculture, most of the students in the class are majoring specially in agriculture. This course is going to help me to complete my thesis.  I decided that I'm going to do something on school nutrition. I'm currently shadowing a school nutrition program supervisor in Tennessee. I'm really enjoying it.  I'll talk more about that in another post.