Spice of My Life



  1. Sharing laughs with women that I have been friends with for many years. One of which I have been close friends with since the age of 6.
  2. Driving from Huntsville, AL to Fayetteville, TN. I get to do a lot of thinking when I make that trip
  3. Finding out that an old friend secretly reads my blog.
  4. Hearing "Night Train" by Jason Aldean on the radio while waiting at the railroad signal, at night.
  5. Seeing a dove in my driveway.
  6. Listening to my play list on Spotify while I write.
  7. The kindness of strangers.
  8. The way my second cousins took to me after meeting me this past Christmas. They are in fact very small children and could not recall that I met them when they were infants.  They did remember seeing photos of me at my mother's house.
  9. Hearing my mom's radio talk show for the first time while I was home for Christmas. (She has lots of fans.)
  10. My attachment to two countries, the one I was born in and the one I was raised in.
  11. My complicated sense of belonging.
  12. The scar on my hand that I acquired at 5 years old.
  13. The way my eyes change between various shades of brown.
  14. I have 12 (twelve) piercings.
  15. I'm definitely a right-brained individual. (Don't know what that means? Look it up, perhaps you'll learn something about yourself.)
  16. Realizing that if my heart breaks, it's not gone.
  17. Knowing that I have a purpose.
  18. Being proud to have 2 degrees under my belt by the age of 27. 
  19. Riding an elephant in India at 18 years old
  20. Chance encounters that changed my life forever.
  21. Learning to forgive, easier said than done.
  22. Sometimes being torn between listening to my head or listening to my heart.

Comments